[IP] Tender Site Life Short - Considering Velosulin/Humalog Mix

In the past 6 weeks, my Tender sites have rarely been
lasting 3 days. It is usually 2 to 2 1/2 days and
sometimes less. I am considering switching from
straight Humalog to the Velosulin/Humalog mix. Does
this work for 6% insulin-pumpers.org members because
they are allergic or resistant to the Humalog? A CDE
told me she has seen short set life in people using
Humalog, and this is because they are resistant to
Humalog. If this were true, signs of the set failing
would show up within less than 24 hours?

Perhaps, I should try another infusion set first and
see if the problem goes away? (i.e. SoftSet or Rapid)
Then I would know for sure, if it was the set or the
Humalog? Or is early site degradation caused by
straight Humalog only seen with the Tenders? Any
attempt to help me straighten out my twisted logic is
greatly appreciated.

Andrea Seitz
Pumping 10 Months

Do You Yahoo!?