RE: [IP] diabetes is diabetes(NOT!!) - hypoglycaemia precedingdiabetes

This was my history also. Started having episodes of low blood sugar in my
teen years. This persisted until my diagnosis of diabetes at age 40. I had
heard that reactive hypoglycemia was sometimes a precursor to type 2
diabetes, which is what I thought I had. Turns out I have late onset type 1.
My readings, prior to diabetes, were sometimes in the 30s during these
episodes. Almost always less than 50. I would definitely discuss this with
my doctor. It can't hurt.