Re: [IP] hospital stay

Most nurses know very little about an insulin pump, unless they are doing
diabetis education. The regular floor nurses will not be able to answer any
of your questions.  I know this being a nurse myself.  Alot of questions you
have cannot even be answered by your doctor.  If I want to know something
about my pump,  I will go directly to my pump educator.  Who in my case was a
dietician and pump wearer herself.  She helped me so very much and would take
phone calls at any time.  She and this panel of very wise people helped me
learn how to function with an insulin pump.