Re: [IP] Hospital stay to start on Pump

I'm amazed when I read about what many people had to go through to get on
the pump.  Pumping saline and hospital stays and insurance delays and so
forth.  But that's just me: patience has never been one of my virtues.

I told my endo I wanted to start on the pump and about 2 weeks later got a
call from a MiniMed CDE to set up a one-hour appointment in my home.  She
brought the pump and some supplies and showed me how to insert the infusion

I saw my endo the next day, we worked out some beginning basals (I already
know my insulin/carb ratio, then I went home and connected.

It took a while to work the basals out since I was nursing an infant at the
time, but all in all it was quick and fairly painless.