[IP] Re:Brian- being open about diabetes

It was great to hear how your Mom encouraged you to always be up front about
your diabetes.  My parents always encouraged my sister (diabetic too!) and I
to not hide our diabetes as it is just a part of us.  People respond very
well and are usually interested in hearing about our diabetes and I agree -
in case of emergency we are around people who are aware of our situation.  We
always talk about it wherever we go and have let people know about it at
school, work, etc.

Just wanted to say good for you and your Mom for being so upfront.  I really
think this frame of mind helps in the long run (glad my parents have been and
are so supportive about encouraging us to be open with regard to our