Re: [IP] MM and disetronic..warranties

With the D you were a bit off in your perceptions of the warranty.

amy m wrote:

> Actually, unless it's changed since June of 1999--
>  MM has a 4 yr warranty but the motor is guaranteed
> for life..i have heard of several MM users get more
> than 10 yrs from their pump...NEVER heard of a D last
> that long, because the company PROGRAMS the batteries
> to die after i think 30 months..and each of teh D
> pumps has a 2 yr warranty, so NO longer...4 yrs
> total..BUT once you use the pump, the warranty starts,

Actually each pump runs for 2 years and then it needs to be inspected (from
what I understand because of Swiss medical laws) and then is reset for
another 2 years.  As long as the pump passes the tests it will continue to
be reset without cost for another 2 years.  As long as batteries are left
in the pump the time continues to run - it's run time not start use time...

> so if you switch between each of the 2 pumps, you will
> NOT get 4 yrs total....
>  Long debate over warranties b4 I chose companies,a nd
> a lot of talking with the manufacturers..I chose MM
> and one big thing was if I ever got in an insurance
> bind (like when my 4 yrs is up i'll be in college and
> say insurnace sucks, I don't want to have a pump which
> is programmed to die on me...)
>  amy

It also "tells you" every week starting 8 weeks before the 2 years is up
that is going to shut down in X number of weeks.

I started using my Ds in August, 1994 and probably should "the other pump"
in for its 2 year check......

Jim S.