[IP] RE: Thyroid

Well, since the subject was brought up, I am going to ask if anyone here has
had a nuclear imaging scan done on their thyroid (as mentioned I am having
problems with mine).  My doc's assistant called this morning to tell me that
I needed to drive 50 miles to the office to take radioactive iodine,  (must
fast before this, and can't eat anything for 2 hours after - would be easier
said and done if I was on the pump right now - but not yet!) and then I have
to drive another 120 miles on Friday to where the imaging equipment is
located for the scan.   From my understanding my doc will be able to see my
thyroid and any nodules, etc.  that might be causing the problem.  I'm also
wondering if any of you could tell me when I could expect results from it.
I'm looking forward to getting it taken care of so I can feel like my old
self again!!!  lol