[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #832

> Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:21:37 -0500
> From: "Pixie" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] MM or Disetronic?
You wrote

> I've heard alot from MM pump users and would like to hear from those who
> the HTronplus. I've contacted both companies and am viewing videos this
> week, like my endo suggested and chatting with a Disetronic local rep on
> Friday (Thanks Amy!) I'm looking into a loaner pump to try itThe customer
> rep said with the # of shots I take and my sugars I'm a good candidate for
> loaner to get started and learn pumping ASAP. Does MM have a similar
> program? Also how do the two brands of pumps differ?
> Thanks!
> Pixie

Hy Pixie, my name is Liliana, from  Argentina dxd since 8 / 96

I am also investigating the possibility of pumping with D & MM reps in
Buenos Aires.
I had one introductory meeting with both, they show me the product an
advantages against the other.
One VERY IMPORTANT point that I understood is that while MM life is about 60
years, Disetronic pump last for a limited period of time (max 6 to 8 years)
then  must be replaced.
Question to all of you folks, is this true or false ? do you know if the D
rep is willing to answer that question ?
All the best