I find now that I'm on the pump, that I'm very stingy with my insulin.  I
don't want to use too much for boluses and that causes me to sometimes
rethink what I choose to eat for meals.  I do a MUCH better job of managing
my diabetes now than I ever did before.  (I'm the one that hadn't checked my
blood sugars for 7 years or more prior to starting my pump on December 19,
1999).  Good luck!!