[IP] Thyroid removal

> 1.My thyroid biopsy came back benign for the 2nd time in a row, in 6 month
> span, BUT
> 2.  My endo wants me to have it removed anyway.  WHY????  Anyone have any
> advice?  I see no reason for it, if the nodules are not malignant, why
> mess with it?
> Lori

Many diabetics have thyroid dysfunction and perhaps your endo wants you to
avoid that. AND, he may need to make a payment on the generator he got for
Y2K and can't return it. ;)  I have taken thyroid medication since 1978 --
sure beats surgery!!  I'd get a second opinion before going under the knife.
Good luck.
    Jan (60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)