Re: [IP] My night time basal solution- thank you IP list!!

In a message dated 01/18/2000 7:28:22 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Hi,
 You did not mention your night time basal rates - that's what you are going
 to change. Cause? Good old hormones. Not that yours are old, of course. I
 experienced the same and with my endo, we came up with a setting that works
 but not until a trial & error period.
 Good Luck. This is more common than not.
 Tom >>

Sorry, Tom, I'll try to explain clearer, I was just soooo excited this worked!

Old Rates:
12 mid 0.8, bg usually about 120
3 am 1.6, bg usually 100
7am bg usually 250-350 range
10am 0.9, usually 250
12 noon bg back to 120
3pm 0.8, bg about 100

New Rates:
Only change was to lower the 3am change from 1.6 to 1.1.  Now I no longer
have the highs at 7am upon waking, but have been in 120-150 range.  Yes I do
have a dawn phenom, but was way overcompensating for it and by lowering down
to 1.1 at 3am the huge 7am readings have come down.

As far as hormones, yes mine are old but still kicking my butt every 28 days
like clockwork, when I have to lower everything down by 30-50%.

Hope this is clearer, it just blew me away that upping my insulin in the
early morning hours just made this worse and decreasing it has made the bgs
come down.