[IP] Thyroid ? and HELP!!!

Hi all,
Got a very disturbing phone call from my doctors (endo's) office today,
secretary informed me that
1.My thyroid biopsy came back benign for the 2nd time in a row, in 6 month
span, BUT
2.  My endo wants me to have it removed anyway.  WHY????  Anyone have any
advice?  I see no reason for it, if the nodules are not malignant, why mess
with it?  I guess I am just slightly confused and of course scared ----less
of more surgery!  I don't like surgeries and they don't like me, but then
again never had surgery while on pump.  I would have to be in hospital at
least 2 days they said.
I am going to have a discussion with Dr. later this week to see what his
reasoning is, but am just wondering if anyone has any idea for this
Thanks for help again, I do really appreciate it.
Lori A. Willey
First Express Inc.