[IP] Insurance company co-pays

Hi everyone-

I had mentioned before that my insurance company (Health Net) has changed
co-pays from $5 for all prescriptions except brand name to $5 for
prescriptions and $10 brand name and that now includes all diabetes supplies
(insulin, syringes, test strips, lancets, etc., [not pump supplies]).

They say because there is no generic equivalent for diabetic supplies we have
to pay a brand name co-pay.  This just isn't sitting right with me.  It seems
that they are punishing all diabetics in their plan for something is not
under their control.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might do about this.  I tried
finding out about the State Insurance Commissioner for California but
couldn't find a phone# or address.  I don't know if writing to the ins. co.
will do anything but I may have to try it.  Insurance issues can be so