Re: [IP] depression / sense of humor

 >   Considering how "insane" trying to figure out diabetes can be, your
 >"insane sense of humor" has made reading your IP posts a delightful "port in
 >the storm!"

I've been a pun addict since age 4 or 5 and my son has (unfortunately)
inherited this from me. To have us in the same room together can be very
painful to the non-initiated. :-)

It's really interesting though, when I was diagnosed as Type 1 at age 37, I
didn't go through any major mental trauma that I recall. I just remember
accepting it and getting on with things... but then after 21 years, memory
fades (at least mine does). Being an adult may have helped... I don't know
(my wife may have a totally different assessment on the state of my
adulthood, though <vbg>).

I do know that I've had problems with mood swings since I was a teen... so
again, I can't really blame diabetes here either. The problem is that each
of us is different... we handle stress and the slings and arrows of
outrageous fortune differently too. The swings and errors of outrageous BGs
really don't help either. :-)