[IP] Take Control of Your Diabetes conf. and Pumping Insulin book.

Hello folks,
Yesterday I attended the conference on "Taking Control of Your Diabetes"
in Monterey, Calif. along with >1000 other people. It was a very full
day (7:30am -5:00pm) with several speakers/topics and Health Fair
exhibits. At the Health Fair were many booths including those of 2
pumps(MM and D), several meters,  booths of ADA, JDF etc .
At the Diabetes Mall booth (Torrey Pines Press) I spoke with John Walsh
and Ruth Roberts -authors of the book "Pumping Insulin", and they told
me that the new edition would be out late february or march. Because of
this, they are no longer giving out the 4-page Humalog insert/supplement
with the present edition. I believe they said that this is announced on
the Diabetes Mall website or that it will be announced when the new
edition is published. They are therefore suggesting that pumpers hold
off buying until the new edition is out.
The conference was a huge success- they expected ~300 and >trippled
that. It only cost $35 (pre-registration price) including lunch and was
well worth it. The last conference of this series (of 8) will be held in
Honolulu on Feb 5th 2000. I hope they have many more in future years. I
shall attend.

Gill Gilbart