Re: [IP] Free QID meter

Yes, they are getting ready to put out a new model in about 3 months.  It is
called the Precision Extra.  It will record your bolus in addition to bg and
do ketone testing.  There are different strips for bgs and ketone and from
what the rep said the machine is more expensive and will not use the same
strips or down load software as previous models. More expensive than other
models.  I have been using a one touch profile for 4 yrs and have gotten
spoiled by being able to record my bg's, bolus and carbs on the meter.
Unfortunately I changed insurance co.s (new job) and they won't cover the one
touch strips.  Hopefully, I can get them to cover the new precision when it
is out.