Re: [IP] Re: bad case of diabetes

In a message dated 1/16/00 2:15:29 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I told her that my daughter was recently put on
 the insulin pump and this lady looked very puzzled and had no
 idea what I was talking about (so I showed her the pump and
 explained how it worked.) She asked if my daughter had a severe
 case of diabetes or something, and is that why they put her on
 this device.  >>

And I really feel sorry for Disetronic users: They have diabetes so "bad,"
they have to have *two* pumps!!!

Seriously, it's a real "wonder" out there, isn't it? I've had a hospital
administrator tell me his sister is a "severe diabetic -- she has to wear an
insulin pump." And, back in my MDI days, a plant nurse (at TRW, BTW) told me
I was a "real severe diabetic" because I took more than two shots a day. (My
job didn't last long after that, for some reason.)