Re: [IP] Re: ignorant beginner question about showers...

> What I have found works for me is to bolus for 1/2 hour's worth before
> disconnecting and check the time, then I wait until after my shower and it
> gets to 1/2 hour after I disconnected to reconnect.  If I disconnect at 7a, I
> wait until 730a to reconnect- usually by the time I shower, dry off, brush my
> teeth then it's been a half hour and ok to reconnect.

Might not want to do this after breakfast. Hot water on the skin can
increase insulin absorbtion dramatically and make you low. At a minimum
it'll sometimes give you a little rush, particularly with Humalog. A
catch-up bolus after your shower does not have the same risk. Anything
going in faster than normal just makes up for what you missed.