Re: [IP] Frustrating Disease- tricia

but I still hate it that my kid has this disease!  I know that he
>doesn't mind it nearly as much as his parents do, in fact he probably
>wouldn't mind it at all if we would just back off and let him deal with it.

  tricia . . .you are not alone in feeling this way.  My mom tells me every
day (well, ok, most days) that she sometimes feels upset and used to feel
guilty that I have D, and I am always surprised by this. I just don't think
about it much anymore . . .changing the infusion sets and testing before
eating are just part of my life now . . .even if they shouldn't have to be
for anyone . . .and I think it's some kind of survial technique :) if i
thought about it all the time, I'd go nuts.  I don't mind it nearly as much
as my parents in some ways, but I also know that sometimes I wish my dad
would pay attention to the fact that I"m diabetic a little more sometimes.
>From his attitude you'd never know I had it.  So I wouldn't worry too much
about being overly worried . . .I think it's better than your son not
knowing that you care or worry. Just my 2 cents . . .off the podium now :)