Re: [IP] Soda versus bean burritos

In a message dated 1/16/00 10:32:44 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< .that a bean/cheese

burrito will jack up geneva's bgs MUCH higher than juice ever will.

I was looking on the Taco Bell website nutritional info, and they say their
bean burrito has 54 g. carbo (12 g fiber).  That is equivalent to a lot of
apple juice!  I don't know if it is because of my gastroparesis or because of
a tendency to insulin insensitivity with large amounts due to age, but my
ratios don't hold up with very large volumes.  (might hit me much later--10
hours or more--, but it will raise my blood sugar more than it should)

Linda Z