[IP] Kidneys

> A few months back I posted about having some kidney function tests come
> with strange results. Although my blood creatine clearence came back
> my urine results didn't match, they were a 56%. I just retested and they
> still were a little off, blood normal, urine 82. And both times the volume
amount was
> low. The Dr also gave me a number of, .8,. I am not completely sure what
> of this means. My Dr has a  very heavy accent and is very soft spoken, so
>  I feel foolish trying to ask and understand questions. He did say that
> tests may be coming back this way because of my size, I am only 98 lbs.
> this makes sense, does anyone understand these results better than I do?
> I would really appreciate any help? Thanks, Denise

When I was put on a low-protein diet (51g a day - uggghhhh) when my function
was at 50%, I lost another 15% in a year and a half. I then requested to see
a nephrologist. I do like my endo and didn't want to hurt his feelings,
however, it is my body and my kidneys. That was about 5 years ago. The first
thing the neph told me was to get off the low protein diet; it worked with
rats but people aren't rats and that neph studied directly under the
researcher. Bottom line, my kidneys now function at 23% -- which is quite a
slowed loss compared to an additional 15% in 1.5 years.
    Denise, if you are experiencing loss of kidney function at all, please
see a nephrologist NOW. Your endo may think his/her treatment is the best,
but a neph specializes in that area. I will soon be getting listed for a
kptx if they'll accept an old lady of 60-61. Perhaps it could have been
maintained when I knew I was at 80%.
    Jan (T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)