Re: [IP] Sof-serter & kids

In a message dated 01/16/2000 10:19:42 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Those of you have children on the pump....do any of you feel it's not
 necessary to use EMLA or equivalent when using the Sof-serter? >>

We found from the start, not using the Emla was fine. My husband is a
paramedic and he says it took so long for it to numb that if we didn't use it
from the start he wouldn't know a difference. I looked at him in disbelief,
but said we would try it his way and if we needed to switch to it, we would.
Well Kev is still pretty thin, but never has had a problem without it. Of
course, we have only used the tummy,,still working on trying to convince him
about the rear site!!