Re: [IP] Sof-serter & kids

In a message dated 1/16/00 1:19:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Those of you have children on the pump....do any of you feel it's not
 necessary to use EMLA or equivalent when using the Sof-serter? >>

Kap was dead set against the soft-set inserter
After much explaining to him - that I may not be inserting it right - going
too deep manually - (pushing it in) he said OK
But just once - then he would never use inserter again.
I agreed with his demands - His body - his choice!
So we tried the inserter and he was screaming and shaking - his nerves were
But he didnt feel it and says he will always use the inserter!
He thanked me for showing him that if you dont try it - you will never know
what you r missing.
He said afterwards - he couldnt tell when it went in and we was still
expecting to feel great pain and that is why he was so upset!  The inserter
is bulky looking - it looks like it would hurt.
I had asked him if he wanted to use numbing cream w/ inserter and with
tenders.  But he doesnt care to use it.
Living and Learning
Mom to Kap - age 9
pumping insulin on 1/19 - changed many sites just in training w/ saline -
tape problems