Re: [IP] my feelings--long from 1/10/00

I just read your long story and can really relate to what you are saying.  I
have had diabetes almost 25 years and on the pump 6 months.  I have periods
of time where my sugars are high without any reason.  It is very frustrating.
 I also have lows for periods of time for no known reason.  I am sure I was
having them when I was on shots but didn't notice so much as I didn't test
nearly as much.  My a1c's have pretty much remained the same but I am having
fewer lows and fewer highs so that is ok.  All I can say is think about it,
would you rather take a shot every time you put a carbohydrate in your mouth
or would you rather press a button?  One thing that I hope you keep in mind
is that you are doing the best you can and will have to keep adjusting for
the highs and lows on the pump or shots.  Good management is based on
constant adjustments.  I hope you feel good about yourself and keep growing
into a wonderful young lady.  God bless you and good luck.  I will keep you
in my prayers and thoughts.

Tammy Lawson
frpm Minneapolis, Minnesota