Re: [IP] Depression Q

--- jan hughey <email @ redacted> wrote:
> > So I have a question to many of you.  How many
> have had to deal with
> > long-term depression?  Do you think it is in
> relation to your diabetes?  I
> > can trace my depression back to the year I
> developed diabetes,
> > Julie Broughton
> > email @ redacted
> Julie,
I have been a victim of what my doctor calls clinical
depression for a long time.  It went untreated for a
long time, but after a foiled suicide attempt, I
decided to do something about it.  The causes seem to
touch all the classic bases;  child abuse, lack of
self esteem, etc. etc.  However, I don't know if it
would have gotten to the breaking point without the
added burden of diabetes.  Diabetes to me has been the
straw that broke the camel's back.  It has taken away
my ability to work, the ability to physically love my
wife, impaired my ability to sing (hearing loss) and
put seemingly insurmountable roadblocks in front of
every meaningful I've tried to do in the last
twenty-one years.  Let's just say it was the straw
that broke this camel's back.  I'm not giving up,
however.  I still have a few arrows in my quill.  I
will still prove I am better and stronger than this
disease.
garo

=====
Want a friend online?  No harm, no foul, been there, done that.  email @ redacted