Re: [IP] Re: transferring islet cells? establishing basal rates

> > maybe what happened to Michael's medical team is the
> same thing that happened to mine.  ;Everything was
> going along fine, until my insurance cvompany denied
> over $6000 worth of claims, citing coding errors.
> This was classic horsepucky, because I had no access
> to the coding manual or the training to use it, so I
> couldn't prove them wrong.  A request to the
> accounting office at the clinic  only gave me excuses;
>  they claimed the coding was correct, leaving me with
> the balance with no recourse short of a lawsuit.  Not
> being able to pay it myself on a disability income, it
> was sent to a professional bill collector after two
> requests for payment.  I finally made arrangements to

Absolutely DO NOT PAY

All you have to do to get rid of the bill collector is write them a
letter telling them that the claim is disputed -- which is true. This
puts the ball back in the clinic's court and forces them into the
position of helping you collect or ending up with nothing.

I've done this very successfully with my half-million dollar son.

The problem is between the Insurance Company and their Contractor.
They are taking the easy way out and dumping the problem on you. Be
an "A---hole" and don't let them do it. Believe me it really works.
It may take a year or more, but they will fix the problem. In the
mean time, write to the insurance commissioners office, your
congressman/woman, try to enlist the help of anyone that will listen.
You've got a good story to take to the press. Person on disability
leaned on by mean old insurance company... etc... don't discount the
power that a good "poor little me" article has in generating pubicity
AND solutions.

Michael