Re: [IP] Re: transferring islet cells? establishing basal rates

--- Michael <email @ redacted> wrote:
> > I don't know how to establish my optimal
> > basal rate.  Can anyone tell me?  Right now, I'm
> at 1.0, and my
> > insulin to carb ratio is 1:11.
>
> So what happened to your medical team???
>
> Read about profiling basal rates in pumping insulin
> or see the first
> few HOWTO's on the HOWTO page of the web site for
> information about
> measuring insulin requirements and doing basal
> profiles.
> email @ redacted
> maybe what happened to Michael's medical team is the
same thing that happened to mine.  ;Everything was
going along fine, until my insurance cvompany denied
over $6000 worth of claims, citing coding errors.
This was classic horsepucky, because I had no access
to the coding manual or the training to use it, so I
couldn't prove them wrong.  A request to the
accounting office at the clinic  only gave me excuses;
 they claimed the coding was correct, leaving me with
the balance with no recourse short of a lawsuit.  Not
being able to pay it myself on a disability income, it
was sent to a professional bill collector after two
requests for payment.  I finally made arrangements to
make payments with these people ($25/mo.) and am still
paying for it.  On my last visit to my endo's office,
(over a year ago) I was very pointedly not asked to
schedule a return appointment.  This was after only
three months on the pump. We never did get to the
point of figuring out what my carb to insulin ratio
is.  So although I have the pump, it's kind of like
trying to play center field as a left hander with a
right hander's glove.  It's better than shots, but it
could be a lot better yet.  I guess the payments on
the doctor's Jaguar are more important to him than his
patients. Or at least his bookeeper thinks so.

=====
Want a friend online?  No harm, no foul, been there, done that.  email @ redacted