[IP] itailian food and HIGH BG's...suggestions please

last night i went out for italian with my family. i remember seeing stuff
pasta affecting your blood sugars in weird ways...yeah...i was in for a
surprise. i got ravioli with tomato sauce, bread, soup (bean) and creme brulea
for dessert. big meal. bolused 10 at beginning and 10 in the middle. didn't do
anything else. 2 hours later i was 100. then, an hour after that i was 375 and
it took 16 units to bring me down to 140! so...would a temp basal rate have
helped? i would think it would have made me low at first, since the first two
hours post meal were fine, it was just that third hour...and 16 units to bring
it down! i was almost certain it was my set for awhile there... but if FINALLY
came down.
please, any input would be helpful.

Erinn (D for 15 years, pumping 3 weeks

 - What matters most is how you see yourself -