[IP] Re: depression and diabetes

I believe that most people become depressed at some point in their life, whether
from physical reasons or from traumatic happenings in their life.  I wonder how
far dm'ers vary from the general population, or from other long term catastrophic
illnesses?  Is there something with diabetes that physically causes changes that
increase the chances of depression, as it does with things like neuropathy, etc.?
I would guess that cancer, hiv, etc. patients also have higher than normal rates,
but have no real clue if that is true.
Jack Granowski
email @ redacted
My ambition is to live forever - so far, so good!