[IP] Re: attn: CAlifornians- which health plan?

Hey, Brian, congrats on the new job.  But living in San Jose on peanuts
will be tough.  I live in Cupertino and work in Mountain View and this
is an EXPENSIVE part of the world to live in.

As to which health plan is best, I can tell you about Kaiser but am not
familiar with Lifeguard.  Kaiser has a number of different plans
depending upon what your employer selects.  I take care of that for my
company and selected the best small company plan available.  And for me,
it is wonderful.  The pump and all supplies are covered 100%, no copay
at all.  And starting January 1, test strips are also covered 100%
without any copay (and I test 8-12 times a day!).  I have a great doctor
located in Campbell that was after me for 2 years to go onto a pump
before I made the decision and did it. I am EXTREMELY happy with Kaiser
and would highly recommend it.  But I suggest that you carefully
consider the details of both plans and see what suits you best.

Best of luck!

Bob Goodman