[IP] Re: transferring islet cells? establishing basal rates?

My mom says islet cells are being transferred in maryland (perhaps at Johns
Hopkins) and she gave me the number, but i don't know what this entails or
what you need to do (or have in your body...LOL) to qualify.  Does anyone
know anything about it?
I just went back on the Minimed 508 yesterday and am totally winging it.  I'm
Janine, 33 yrs. old, (email @ redacted), an English teacher with diabetes
for 29 years.  No complications yet but my sugars vacillated from 400-40
before the pump.  Even with only one day back on pump, sugars have been
steady.  However,  I don't know how to establish my optimal basal rate.  Can
anyone tell me?  Right now, I'm at 1.0, and my insulin to carb ratio is 1:11.