Re: [IP] depression and diabetesReallyLong

I have had the big D for the past 33 years since the age of 5. Yearly since
then I would be hospitalized to take a vacation from D and let the Md. &
nurses do my pokes and injections. I did not realize this was a form of a
breakdown until I reached about 20 years old. Since I was about 10 the Drs.
would say you wont live to 25, at least not with your legs and eyes still
working and I thoroughly believed them. (Keep in mind that was 1971 and a Ds
future according to stats was not bright.) I decided never to marry or have
children so as not to cause pain on my early departure. I tried every
antidepressant on the market and they all gave me side effects that either
made me feel like superman or would not let me get out of bed. I eventually
turned to exercise on a daily basis, left my successful business and followed
my heart. I now work in the health field mainly training patients on pumps,
running support groups and enjoy, my 2 children and my life. It was a long
road to overcome the daily battle with D, and my A1cs and attitude for the
past 8 years prove to me I am winning.Lets face the facts D is a hard disease
to deal with but over time, with intensive therapy, positive thinking and
meds ( if they work on you) life can be grand. I hope this brief history
helps your fight with depression, which is every bit as difficult to deal
with as the big D, but both can be overcome with time and determination.
Brad   D. 33 years Pumping 11 years and loving it.(Not hospitalized for