Re: [IP] depression and diabetes

Julie,  I took Zoloft for about four months to treat depression, and it did
help, but I never got the sleepiness you got.  I still needed sleep
medication to help me sleep, and I ended up with really severe headaches.
Now I'm taking Celexa, which seems to help.

My depression, in some ways, is directly related to diabetes.  It started
when a boyfriend I thought was very special dumped me because I'm diabetic.
He wasn't man enough to say this to me, he made up some lame excuses that I
knew weren't true and it took a month or two for me to realize what really
happened.  My friends had figured it out long before.  He could never handle
seeing needles (before I was on the pump), and I think he thought my doctor
suggesting the pump meant I was in really bad shape. It really scared him.
When that happened I went into a very deep depression, which is related to
him but is also related to the fact that I have to deal with this disease
that never goes away and that some people see as a handicap.  I hate that.

I am still dealing with all this and still having a hard time, so any
comments would be appreciated.  I just wanted to share my thoughts regarding
Julie's question about depression.  Julie, feel free to e-mail me anytime.