Re: [IP] depression and diabetes

In a message dated 1/14/00 4:35:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< So I have a question to many of you.  How many have had to deal with
 long-term depression?  Do you think it is in relation to your diabetes? >>
I have dealt with depression and have been put on medications in the past-
Zoloft, Paxil, Trazodone-  Paxil worked short-term- i actually felt euphoric
for about a week or two, then i felt it "flattened" out my moods. Like I
would only chuckle or smirk at something that i sensed was hysterically funny
without meds. I can say that for me I was diagnosed with post-traumatic
stress disorder back then related to childhood abuse coupled with a job that
never acknowledged success or positive feedback. After 4 months, i wanted off
the medication and made the very near fatal mistake of believing that
non-addictive, non-narcotic meds did not have withdrawals if not properlyn
tapered off- almost died. For me, depression is an everyday thing AND is
definately affected by my poor a1c and binge-eating. When I focus even for a
short time AND have support of other pump wearers- i manage to lift my moods
by better control. I too am seeking to find a pump buddy that is in the
Boston area who can support me as i fill in the gaps on carb counting, weight
loss and a positive mental attitude. I do believe that depression is a direct
correllation with high sugars. And I also believe that all the
anti-depressants are a wonderful assist. For me, i need to stay focused on
the spiritual side in order to not feel overwhelmed. Hope that helps. Tricia