[IP] attn: CAlifornians- which health plan?

Hey everyone,
    I finally got a job offer!  It's in San Jose.  It's not a job I
particularly want (pays peanuts) and I'm hoping to get an offer for a job I
really really want next week.  However, I need to get working and SEE A
DOCTOR.  Soooo...  My question:  Which insurance should I go with?  Kaiser
Permanente HMO or Lifeguard Point of Service Plan are the two options.
Thank you for any info or advice!