I tried a new? meter at my Dr.s office on Tues.  I'm undecided if I
liked it though.  It did have its plus' though.  I drew the sample by
pressing the meter against my forearm and then contintinued holding and
pressing after the lancing device had done its job.  It was sort of like
creating suction. I then turned the meter over and opened a door where a
strip that contained a pipette was located and placed that against the
drop of blood on my forearm.  In 45 sec.  (I think) I saw the results
which were compatible with my own meters results.  It reads whole blood.
It is from the Amira company if anyone is interested.  You can use it on
a flat body surface.It was small but not flat like most meters.If anyone
wants mor info email me personally because If anyone wants to call the
company for info call them at 1-877-282-1477. Hey maybe it won't be long
before the glucowatch will be out so we don't have to stick anywhere.