From: Ruth Schneider [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2000 11:06 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] real soda

> I find that I am able to drink regular soda if I eat food
> with it and take my bolus (i.e. 4U Humalog for a can of
> Coca-Cola -- YMMV) just before eating.  I can't touch the
> stuff, though, by itself.

funny that this came up on my computer today.  last night a neighbor took
geneva to burger king and she sheepishly told me later...."mom,  promise you
won't get mad...., but I had a real soda accidentally".

I of course was not mad.  but she said she bolused for it and she was 116
three hours later.

so..I guess we will have to start giving her this freedom once in awhile.
this is terrific!

ruth