[IP] bedtime snacks for exercise days

I am having a problem figuring out night time again with geneva.  (so, what
else is new?)

some nights she can have really good numbers in the 100's at bedtime and
again around 2 am.  (this is rare though).

I  have tried to figure out if it might perhaps be a day in which she was
doing alot of activity.  I did not record this in my logs.

this might also explain how sometimes she will drop preciptously around
midnight.

my question is this:

do any of you make a point of eating a protein snack prior to bedtime if you
have had an active afternoon?  thus preventing a nighttime hypo with your
regular basals?  .....and maybe if you didn't eat any of the "high BG
producing foods" for dinner?

thanks!
ruth
mom to geneva, almost 11