[IP] Re:

--- Susan K <email @ redacted> wrote:
> Julie,
>
> I took Prozac for several years with good results.
> It did
> not cause any problems with my BG.  I recently
> changed to a
> newer version of Prozac called Celexa.  I like the
> Celexa
> even more and it has fewer side effects.  It also
> causes no
> problems with my BG.
>
> What specifically did you want to know about Prozac?
>  Let
> me know if I can answer any questions.  :-)
>

> <<<<< Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 15:51:53 -0500
> From: "Julie Britt" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] prozac
>
> Anyone here on prozac?  Just curious...would like to
> hear
> about others'
> experiences.
>
> Julie >>>>>
>
> Dear Julie,
My doctor put me on Prozac after I confessed to him
the episodes of depression for no apparent reason that
I had been experiencing.  He told me it would make me
sleepy for awhile, and boy did it ever!  That
side-effect was supposed to clear up after several
weeks.  Unfortunately, 12 weeks later, I still had to
pop Vivarin just to be able to keep my eyes open and
go to work.  We tried a number of other
anti-depressants, but either they did nothing, or made
things worse.  Finally, I went to a local mental
health professional instead of my GP.  He prescribed
Zoloft, and it works great.  I now see the world in a
gentler light, yet don't have the feeling that the
real me has disappeared, to be replaced by a cotton
candy version, ya know?  I am not advocating one
medicine over another;  if Prozac works for you,
fantastic!  All I am saying is this;  if depression is
a real problem for you and you feel you are all alone
in the world, don't waste time with a health
professional that is not trained in mental health
treatment.  My doctor is an excellent man, he has
saved my life several times.  Yet it took a visit to a
psychiatrist to get a handle on this problem.  Just a
thought.   garo

=====
Want a friend online?  No harm, no foul, been there, done that.  email @ redacted