[IP] Welcome Carmen!!

Hello and welcome to the Pumpers list.  My name is Carrie and I'm a 21 year
old college student.  I just wanted to write you and let you know that
you've made the best decision to go with the pump.  My doc has wanted me on
it for several years, but I've been so resistant to anything being "hooked
up" to me 24/7......HOWEVER.....my life and control of diabetes has changed
dramatically.  I've been diabetic for 9 yrs. and always had very good
control.  This summer, though, I began to have serious problems with my
waking sugar.  No matter what I did, my #s ran near 300 in the mornings and
I felt miserable for the first half of the day.  So, that's what it took to
convince me and now I can't believe I waited so long.  My only word of
advice is to be realistic with your expectations.  I fell into the trap of
thinking a pump would be my miracle cure and I was very disappointed for the
first couple of months, but now it's been almost 7 full months and my life
is so much better and happier.  I will gladly answer any questions you
have......Feel free to write me at my new email address: email @ redacted
Good luck with everything!!