Re: [IP] MiniMed Disposable Pump?

email @ redacted wrote:
>I was talking to a media person at MM in November and he mentioned a
>disposable pump for type 2. Instead of changing the infusion set, you change
>the whole pump. As I recall from our conversation, it only gives one basal
>profile. Cost had not been decided on yet, etc.

MiniMed's European director, Morag Mclaren, recently posted this to the
Insulin Pumpers UK mailing list. Sticking the pump to the skin and doing
away with the tubing is certainly an interesting idea! But this is only
aimed at type 2's - not people like us with "proper" diabetes <vbg>.

John Neale

mailto:email @ redacted