[IP] Pump Statistics from Minimed

    I received this forward from my cyberpal Judy, whose daughter has been
pumping for 15 years, since she was 3 years old! Ben Noonan, btw, is handling
the MM website - not sure if he's replaced Jack Joy, or does this in addition
to Jack. Thought the data is info we could all appreciate knowing, especially
when people ask us for factual information.
   Regards, Renee (Melissa's pump mom)
    "Dear Judy,Here we go: as of 9/30/99 there are 60,000 MiniMed pump users,
32% of whichare 20 years old or younger. 3% of MiniMed pump users are less
than 11 yearsold and 24% of MiniMed pump users are between the ages of 11 and
20. Currently there are over 1 million type 1 diabetics in the United States
and150,000 of those are less than 20 years old. There are 30,000 new cases
oftype 1 diabetes every year and the median age of those is 16 years old.
Hope this helps!Ben NoonanMiniMed----