[IP] The frustration is growing...

	I haven't e-mailed the list in a while, but I really need to vent
AGAIN!  Caitlyn's diabetes team decided at her appointment in November
that Caitlyn was "too young" at almost 5 years of age.  I talked with
her pediatrician, then directly to the pump trainer.  The pump trainer
told me that she would look into having Caitlyn get one through the UCSF
medical center, but has not called me back.  I called her over a week
ago to see where we are in the process, and she has not returned my
	I would like to hear from those of you who have children between the
ages of 4 and 6 that are currently on the pump.  I would like you to
e-mail me privately with when your child was dx'd and when they went on
pump therapy.  I would also like you to include how well your child may
be doing on the insulin pump.  It is my hope that I will be able to
flood them with stories of children in Caitlyn's age range.  I want to
be able to drop dozens of e-mails on their desk in the hope that they
can see 1) how much I have learned about children in this age range that
are on the pump, and 2) they can learn about all of the children living
"successfully" on the pump.
	PLEASE HELP ME!  Referring them to the IP site is not enough.  I have
to play hard ball, and show them the cold hard facts.  I will win if you
are willing to help me fight for my daughter's health.  She asks me
daily "Mommy, when am I getting my blue pump?"  I have to tell her that
I am working on it.  I have been telling her this for 7 months, I cannot
bear to disappoint her any longer!  Thank you for you time!  You all
mean so much to me!  I have gained SO MUCH from you all!

Carrie Vargas, mom to Caitlyn, dx'd 20 months, turns 5 in 1 month and 8