[IP] Question requarding softset micro

My daughter woke me up at 4:30 am this morning, said she had to use the
bathroom and noticed that her site was messed up.  I thought she meant it had
come out, but after inspecting it, the site (which we changed last night -
ugh!) was still in and taped down.  However where the tubing runs into the
tail part that sticks up above the skin, was separated.  Am I making sense?
I wish I could draw a picture.  Plain and simple the tubing was pulled out,
however the site was still in.  She thought maybe something could have cut it
(maybe her diabetic bracelet, I don't think so).  Her bs were high last
night, and I am wondering if it was just a defective softset.  Has anyone
ever had this happen before?
I checked the softset that was in the trash from last night and after pulling
as hard as I possibly could, I still could not pull it out, so I cant figure
it out.