RE: [IP] Re: High High High BG

> By "crashed" do you mean went low then shot back up?  I was never
> told if this is a definite posibility.  I sometimes wake up feeling
> low, I check and end up being really high.  Could I have "crashed"
> too?

The response varies depending on "how low you go". When you get to
some "low" point your system goes into emergency mode and the liver
dumps glucose into the bloodstream -- afterwords you feel like
crap and bg's are very high and stubborn to get down. At this point
you must replace all the glucose that the liver has dumped which
takes energy and lots of insulin. The technical explaination is
longer but that's the basics. Getting shot with the emergency kit
produces essentially the same reaction. How low and how bad it is
depends on when your body decides to do the glucose dump -- rather
unpredictable -- you don't want any of this to happen.

If you think this happens, definetly revist your night time basal
profiles and talk to your medical team.