Re: [IP] Frustrating Disease

As a mom to 4 boys -
now aged
32 and 30 (his by birth - but mine by marriage)
24 - mine by birth - but share w/ hubby - lol
and Kap - age 9
I have always told my boys - I will never stop being a mom - it is not
something a Mom- wakes up one morning and says - Hey, boys i am not a Mom
So, you are own your own.
So I asked them to give a little when I became overprotected of them.  At 17,
my boys were very independent and still are - even Kap, yet I still get to
say to them
"It's a Mom thing, so endure it! Please.
The good news is they will come back to you for advise and assistance in a
few years.  I know it is hard to stand back and watch from the sidelines.
Keep the faith!
Darlene - A Mom