Re: [IP] basal question

Hi Leesa, it's Crystal here.  You might try lowereing whatever basal rates by
.2 or .1 how many basal rates have you got?  I would suggest that you lower
whatever rates you have beginning after lunch by these amounts.  For example,
and I'm just using pretend numbers, if you're running a basal rate of .7 from
7am to 12 noon that my be fine but if your next basal rate is say .9 from
12pm to 6pm try lowering that one.  That will definetly keep you from getting
too low.  Also, do you have those wicked rebounds when your liver kicks in
and you're now faced with hyperglycemia, you may also want to be really
carefull with how your accommodating for that phenomenon.  You may be giving
yourself too much insulin and then crashing again, right afterward.  I've
been experiencing this myself!  Peanutbutter and low fat cottage cheese have
become essential for me.  I should have stock in BD glucose tablets!  I'm
often asymptomatic and at work that's not a good thing.  I applaud your
efforts to monitor so diligently.  If your addressing the lows with glucose,
that's a quick fix to get yourself out of trouble but you may need to follow
up with a bit of protein or fat, to help out with the  rebound effect.  Also
consider what your sensitivity factor may be, are you over/underestimating
how much insulin you may need for grams of carb?  Something to think about,
as if there isn't enough already!
I hope this helps, or at least lets you know there are others who share the
Stay well,