Re: [IP] Searching for Doctor

> Does anyone know of a doctor in Rochester, NY who will put a 5 year
> old on a pump? My friend's present doctor says she has to wait until
> she's 10 years old!  What literature  supports the argument for
> trying a 5 year old on a pump?

The question should be "what literature suggests you should NOT put a
young child on the pump"

Kids that age don't manage their diabetes, their parents do. Any
adult is certainly competent to run a pump.

Look at the success stories on the kids page of the web site. There
are many VERY young children cited there.