Re: [IP] Re-sale of pumps on secondary market

I have purchased 2 pumps from others who wanted to sell them privately. The
first, a 506 from the United States, had 2 years warranty left on it. The
second, a 507C from Canada, was 6 months old and had 3.5 years warranty on it.
I contacted Minimed, send them a prescription for the pump for thier reords and
a $50 US fee and gthey transferred the warranty into my name. The only concern
from MinMed was training which my doctor provided with the 506. On the 507C
they accepted that it was OK because I had a 506. I see nothing wrong with the
sale of used pumps in such circustances.

Gary Marlin