Re: [IP] Re-sale of pumps on secondary market

>From what Minimed has told me, the pump cannot be sold directly to person
>x because the pump has to go through an inspection first, and minimed is
>the only company qualified to certify the pump as working properly.

Can you tell us more on this? Is this an inspection required by law, or
is this an inspection that Minimed says should be done?  Could the
person wanting to sell the pump have it checked out by Minimed and
certified as working ok, and then sell it? Or is Minimed unwilling to do
this (perhaps because it could cut into their profits)?
thanks for the info,